Monday, August 4, 2008

We were a bit excited!!!

I will start by saying...if you have not the Twilight series...you must!!! Staci has been trying to get me to read Twilight for at least a year now, finally she bought me the book and said I had to read it. Through the first chapter I was cursing Staci in my mind, second and third chapter came and I couldn't put the book down. I finished it and the next two books in my first 6 days of summer! Then...I had to sit and wait until August 2nd for the fourth and final book to come out. In the meantime, I learned that Sam and Aubrey too loved the books. I think we spent the majority of play group talking about the book like they were real people. We are nuts, I know! Aubrey bought the book that had the "Team Edward" iron on in it so she made a shirt. So Sam and I made a shirt Thursday night(we were up until 1 in the morning working on them...and kept her husband Cameron up too. Poor guy had to work the next morning). Saturday morning we were up and out of Royse City by 7:59. We went to pick up another crazed friend, Jennifer, and were on our way to Garland to get our books (that we called and reserved just incase!). We were the first ones there and were a bit dissapointed at the turn out. But of course the "real fans" were at the release party at midnight...in costume! So we aren't that bad are we? Just look at the picture to judge for yourself!

That is all of us that met up and then went for breakfast!

I had to be in the middle because Aubrey is "Team Edward" Sam is "Team Jacob" and I want them both to win! So I am "Team Ed-Jake". We are cute, I know!


Here is the back of our really cool shirts that Cameron had to help us make!

So Aubrey was done with the book by like 10 that night. I just finished today, and I haven't talked to Sam today to see if she is finished. She has 4 little ones to take care of, so not sure she has had a lot of time!

I will not give any hints about the ending...I want you all to read the series!!!

No comments: