Friday, October 10, 2008

Well...

It's been a week or so since I posted. A lot has happened. I was sent, rather driven, home from work last Friday from work b/c my blood pressure was too high. The only time I had blood pressure issues was my last month of pregnancy. NO! I AM NOT PREGNANT! So I went home and Sam came over to "heathersit" me while Jeff and Jordan when to the big exciting Wylie Pirate game. All weekend my blood pressure was high. It was never under 140/90. So I went to the doctor on Monday. It wasn't high then! haha That's how it always works. Thanks to Sam for watching Jordan for me. He did blood work and all that turned out to be okay. My cholesterol is a little higher than it should be, but they aren't worried about that. They decided that it is either stress induced or hereditary. I had to start meds that make me feel crazy. I hate them! I can't focus on anything. Like right now, I should be working on homework or school work, but I'm not! I will probably stop working on this and go do that in a few minutes. That is how my life has been this week. I now know what it feels like to have ADHD. I feel for those poor kids that have it. It also made me fell like my body was dragging. It is like two extremely opposite feelings at the same time. Not Fun! Well today I called to tell my dr. that my blood pressure had leveled out on the low dose of the meds and told them how it makes me feel. She said she would talk to the dr. and call me back. She called back right away and said...STOP TAKING THE MEDS!!!! I was jumping for joy in my classroom. Melodie, one of the teachers I share a room with, was laughing at me! She said to see if my blood pressure goes up without the meds and if it does she called in water pills for me to start taking. Don't really know what they are, some have said they are like a diaretic, so that won't be such a bad deal! hahahaha She did tell me that they won't have any side effects! That is awesome!
Not only has this been going on with me, but I had to take Jordan to the Dr. b/c I thought he might cough out a lung...He has RSV and there is nothing to give him. His body just has to work through it. Poor baby. It makes me feel so bad for him when he starts that nasty coughing.

Whew...What a week! I will keep ya updated on the blood pressure thing!

Cute Jordan moment: (mom told me to blog about this one!)
Man! There are so many lately. It is official, Jordan has gotten too smart! No really, he has!
He was sitting in my lap this afternoon at mom's house and started his nasty coughing. I said to mom "We really won't be going to t-e-e-b-a-l-l tomorrow." And she said "and not the g-a-m-e tonight right?" Jordan was quite for a minute and said..."But I really want to play in my teeball game tomorrow." WHOA!!!! This kid scares me. There was nothing said before about teeball or games or anything. SO NOW I CAN'T EVEN SPELL IN FRONT OF MY KID TO HIDE THINGS!

2 comments:

Yocumotion said...

This explains your FB status! I will keep you in my prayers! love you!!!

Heather said...

Thanks girl! It has been crazy! Love you long time!