Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our 4th of July!

This year to celebrate the 4th of July we spent most of our afternoon outside with the Carters. The kids played on the Slip-N-Slide and sprinkler while the adults played some washers!
Peyton cracked me up all day! He did the silliest things!

Andi had a little too much power in her slide this time! Too funny!

Cameron made the mistake of starting to push the kids down the slide and got stuck doing it for a while!

Papa Jim, Jordan has a new Texan phrase we need to share with you...While zipping down the slip-n-slide he yells "This is DAARRRN TOOTIN' FUN!"!!! For those of you that don't know the background to why this is so funny to me, I will share the story. I was the first one of the family to be born and raised in Texas, the rest of them are from Iowa. I have always been teased for my Texas twang! One day I told Papa Jim that it was "daarrnn chilly" outside. That is been a phrase the whole family continues to use! I Love that MY son has the same twang I have!


After we played in the sun, we dryed off and grilled some dogs and had a picnic in our backyard. Harley really liked the droppings when we finally let her back outside!

Soni had a great time playing on the slide!

After dinner us big kids played another round of washers. The first game was boys against girls, the next game was Buckleys against Carters. Sam and I had our own little competition going to see which one of us would be able to get the most points. Sam kicked my butt! Not only did she kill me in our competition, she is the reason her team won, she scored nearly all their points! She was quite proud of herself and did a little happy dance in the back yard! Too bad I didn't catch it on video!

I hope everyone had as a great of a day as we did! God Bless America!

No comments: